12.1.09

Word of the day


I signed up about a year ago for the word of the day to be sent to my email from Dictionary.com. The words come with a sentence to give context to what the word means, but I think they could use a little sprucing up.
Today's word is:
hapless \HAP-lis\, adjective:
unlucky; unfortunate

The sentence they gave is:
It might explain how, on consecutive Sundays, quarterback Jay Cutler and Co. could be crushed by the hapless Oakland Raiders, only to pick up the pieces and dominate a New York Jets team that looked unbeatable.
-- Mark Kiszla, Denver Post, 2008-12-07

The new and improved sentence is:
The hapless lady at the gym fell off the treadmill this morning, what an idiot!

Or even better:
Isn't it hapless that I gained 10 freaking pounds over Christmas?!!!

2 comments:

misfit said...

thank you for keeping this blog, it lets me know how u are, and it reminds me im not alone, i can relate so much

Jane Doe said...

I am glad that I am able to do it. I like that I can get out all of those thoughts that swim around in my head, and at the same time help others.