31.1.09

Oh Din-o-saur

I went on a 9 mile run this morning... OUTSIDE!
This was the first day that it has been warm enough for me to actually want to run outside, although it still only got up to 35 I was OK with this because I really didn't want to run 9 miles on a treadmill. Do you have any idea how boring that is? Last week I did 8 miles on the treadmill at the gym and hated every minute of it. There just isn't enough to keep me entertained. I never watch the TV at the gym either, just listen to music. Those boob tubes that hang from the ceiling just don't do it for me. I like to see things, contemplate my direction in my day/life.. This is what I did today. As I ran I thought about random events which have brought me to this point in my life. I think so clearly as I run, and I am able to sort out all of the clutter which builds up from time to time. Trouble is... when I stop running I often forget all the things I had thought about... (ADD?)
So I have decided that I am going to make each run more memorable. I am going to bring back one daily find (something that I found while running) and post a thought or two I had along with my "treasure" on this little bloggy-thingy I have going.

So here goes the first daily find. I found this little guy laying on the side of the long canyon road I ran. He was just sitting there all extinct looking, I'm sure he had been rolled over by quite a few minivans. I would like to think I saved his life, and he is in debt to me. After all it's quite nice to have a dinosaur in your corner, might come in handy. Anyway, as I ran this long stretch of road I counted a total of 5 dead deer, all of which I'm sure had been rolled over by a a few minivans as well. It was a very sickening sight. It made me think about this little green guy I held in my hand, and how the dinosaurs actually became extinct. Maybe it was actually a very large Dodge Caravan.

Despite the deer, I LOVED the run today. I really have missed running outside, and I can't wait for the Spring to roll around so I can run outside daily.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is a neat idea. makes everyday something special.